There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Has been full of different experiences, some interesting some challenging but fulfilling

Current Employee - Manager Software Development in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Manager Software Development in San Jose, CA

Pros

Cisco has provided me oppurtunity to hone my expertises and develop my skills as well as enabled me to develope my employees

Cons

Cisco has been slow to maximize employee potential and I still see employees struggling with management and leadership team to make best use of exployees and maximize their potential.

Advice to Management

Look at each and every employee carefully and try to maximize their potential by putting each employee in areas where the can give most to the company, we are not short of resources where are short of are people who understand what resources to be applied where.

Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems

1. Good experience with a solid company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

great benefits & healthcare great company name to put on your resume good work experience overall, solid engineering staff would do it again

Cons

cisco has too many old timers/lack of younger staff too much bureaucracy in the organization so getting money for new programs is tough

Advice to Management

Become more transparent with employees and lower the level of budget decision making. Reinvest in the successful business units that are showing solid growth

2. Great pay and benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Data Control Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Data Control Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

Cisco pays better than most places and the benefits are great. Lots of opportunities to telecommute and have a flexible schedule.

Cons

It's very hard to find out who handles the different areas of expertise when you need help. After our company was acquired by Cisco most of us felt that we didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. A lot of employees have had numerous changes in their direct management in short time frames and when review time comes around your boss doesn't even know you or what you do.