There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Has been full of different experiences, some interesting some challenging but fulfilling

Current Employee - Manager Software Development in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Manager Software Development in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Cisco has provided me oppurtunity to hone my expertises and develop my skills as well as enabled me to develope my employees

Cons

Cisco has been slow to maximize employee potential and I still see employees struggling with management and leadership team to make best use of exployees and maximize their potential.

Advice to Management

Look at each and every employee carefully and try to maximize their potential by putting each employee in areas where the can give most to the company, we are not short of resources where are short of are people who understand what resources to be applied where.

reviews filtered by

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Cisco are the respect and opportunities available. I've worked with some of the most inspiring people ever at this company. They make me want to work harder. Also, the work we do is very interesting and I rarely encounter anything dull or boring.

Cons

While not many, there are a few downsides to working here. The facilities are a bit sad, despite the facility workers being great people. You can tell this used to be a really happening place and people would really enjoy the environment, however with cost cutting we don't even have a cafeteria anymore, which is a big loss for me.

Also, sometimes you do encounter people that make you wonder how they got this job. Some of the interviewing seems inconsistent and you encounter people who take much more than they contribute. Luckily this doesn't happen very often.

Advice to Management

Updating the interview guidelines or just spending more time getting candidates would be worth while in the long run. Right now I feel like hiring is doing too fast and without enough care.

It's a joke

Former Employee - Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Some really smart colleagues working there. Exposed to some of the great products of internet.

Cons

The company is changed after 2004/2005. It's very political and constantly shifting its goal, management, and product. Not worth to work for.

Advice to Management

Chambers must go, the top Indian and middle management must go. They're steering the titanic towards the iceberg.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems