Has been full of different experiences, some interesting some challenging but fulfilling

Current Employee - Manager Software Development  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Manager Software Development in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Cisco has provided me oppurtunity to hone my expertises and develop my skills as well as enabled me to develope my employees

Cons

Cisco has been slow to maximize employee potential and I still see employees struggling with management and leadership team to make best use of exployees and maximize their potential.

Look at each and every employee carefully and try to maximize their potential by putting each employee in areas where the can give most to the company, we are not short of resources where are short of are people who understand what resources to be applied where.

Other Reviews for Cisco Systems

Crony capitalism

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Great brand, monopoly position of company in business, profitable company. Great benefits. Good treatment of employees on an average except when it comes to recognition.

Cons

Huge waste, Extremely top heavy, Super deep empires by moron executives who care about nothing but their own promotions. Several product initiatives are simply exercises in fantasizing and preparing powerpoint slides for managing upwards.

"Vision, strategy and execution" are all interlinked. Pseudo-executives who got there through cronyism telling us "our vision is great, strategy is wonderful but YOUR execution sucks", are seriously egotistical and delusional. Chop the top 1% at Cisco to make room for new healthy growth.

Great pay and benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Data Control Analyst  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Data Control Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Cisco pays better than most places and the benefits are great. Lots of opportunities to telecommute and have a flexible schedule.

Cons

It's very hard to find out who handles the different areas of expertise when you need help. After our company was acquired by Cisco most of us felt that we didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. A lot of employees have had numerous changes in their direct management in short time frames and when review time comes around your boss doesn't even know you or what you do.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!