Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com
  www.cisco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

High quality company with excellent people talent

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/life balance, excellent people and plentiful talent, still a good culture and values about fair play and caring for people

Cons

An interesting mix of strong hatred of clear goals with accountability, thick red-tape bureaucracy, self-serving senior leadership that has been brought in externally mixed with the wrong sort in power internally

Continue to invest in developing talent. Young ambitious employees quickly hit the wall and many choose to move to different companies to continue to progress. Create more programs for high-performers to gain visibility, take on new and challenging projects within or outside their current role, and don't be stingy with bonuses for a job well done.

5427 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Network Consulting Engineer

Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Network Consulting Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One gets to work with the latest bleeding edge technology. If you like technology and a challenge you will have all you can handle and more at Cisco. Also, you get to work the brightest engineers in the industry and for the most part everyone is hardworking and works well together. The company management does a pretty good job on steering the massive organization.

Cons

Internal promotions are hard to come by depending on where you are in the company. This has forced good employees to look outside the company for greater opportunity.

Continue driving simplification and reducing management layers. Continue working on increasing organization agility. In addition to these ongoing initiatives rotate resources more this will broaden the skills of individuals and help with employee retention.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible Work environment (work remote/and onsite) , my Department managements are great. Judged on work performance, and no micro managing. My Team is a great group of people and very easy to work with. Many long term employees.

Not at all what I expected from such a large company. (much better than expected)

I would say that my time at Cisco so far has been the best employment experience in my entire career.

Cons

Contracting verses Employee. Wish to be converted to Employee.

Model all Departments after CCAT Group. Consider converting more contractors who are preforming well to employee status.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems