Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

Great Company to be with

Former Employee - IT Analyst  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - IT Analyst in San Jose, CA

Pros

Futuristic company
Lots of Career Growth opportunities.
Contractor friendly Organization.

Cons

Its a human ocean and one needs to work strategically to get on to the growth track.
Need to be self motivated and rest will be provided.

Other reviews for Cisco Systems

Pretty lame place to work

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

What pros? Come on, everyone I work with wants to leave. Some are actively looking outside the company. Let me see if I can think of a Pro.......pay...sucks.....management.....sucks, nope no Pros.

Cons

See above. But let me elaborate. Stocks suck. Company does not have a clue or identity any longer. Management in my team seems extremely distracted, even during my 1:1. Clueless is a good word to use. My annual evaluation was just a repeat of everything I used for my goals, nothing of substance, no personal assessment. Just lame. How fast can I get out of here! Help.

Get a new job that you actually care about. Your lack of caring, concern and ethics is very transparent!

Flexible, decent pay, collaborative environment, but moves too slow in today's tech world

Current Employee - Program Manager II  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager II in San Jose, CA

Pros

Very flexible work environment. People are generally very smart, open, and helpful. Very large campus allows for a lot of networking, and people are often encouraged to move around in different roles within a function.

Cons

Cisco has put a lot of red-tape in the way of an agile and quick work environment. You can get lost easily in this large company if you don't proactively manage your career. A number of high-performing employees either new to the company or new to their role were given an average performance rating because "they were new"... This is indicative of a seniority based company, not a performance based company.

Continue to invest in developing talent. Young ambitious employees quickly hit the wall and many choose to move to different companies to continue to progress. Create more programs for high-performers to gain visibility, take on new and challenging projects within or outside their current role, and don't be stingy with bonuses for a job well done.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!