There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Summer Internship at Cisco

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern for less than a year

Pros

One of the pros of working for Cisco was being able to work on cool products and devices that will continue and improve the internet. Another pro of working for Cisco was a relaxed and comfortable work environment. As an intern, I was given the same freedom and regular employees, I could work from home, arrive and leave work when it was convient for me, and I could wear normal street clothes to work.

Cons

One of the cons of working for Cisco was that I did not feel like I was being challenged by the assignments I was given for my internship. I also did not feel like i was surrounded by a lot of very intelligent people as I normally do at college.

4903 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

challenging workload but working to improve conditions and corporate strategy

Former Employee - Product Lifecycle Prog Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Product Lifecycle Prog Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Improved strategy from the top and including intent to improve working conditions.

Cons

offshore staffing is replacing USA staffing. In many cases this staffing is not sufficiently trained or not available during USA working or extended working hours. Pressure to work up to 70 hours per week. Not enough lower level process improvement work.

Many smart folks, but need to play the game to advance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with smart people around the globe. Ability to travel. Lots of resources at your disposal. Flexible schedule and enlightened telecommuting policy. Job stability with good benefits.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. Need to self promote to get ahead. Frequent talk about "customer focus" often not backed up with actions. Decent salary, but not stellar.

Focus. Three to five year priorities the change every year are one year priorities.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!