Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

i'm humbled to work with such smart people with a supporting attitude

Technical Marketing Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros401K contribution, daycare pre-tax reimbursement, health pre-tax reimbursement, company contribution to education/ training and even grad school. Peers are always happy to help out one another despite their busy schedule. Many folks have the mantra of working hard and efficiently for the greater good of the company.

Conssilo'd division of business units challenge the ability to create a consistent marketing message. Over the years, lost the benefits of free drinks, yearly company events, family days, and even the tchotchkes. Regular pay increase not consistent across management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnterprise is still where there is lots of revenue but in this economy, expand your horizon and make your message simpler and easier to consume for the mid-market commercial sector.

Overall a good company

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: good benefits, flexible work options, work life balance is good Cons: limited career mobility once you progress through higher individual contributor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Benefits don't outweigh compensation shortcomings

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Cisco develops cutting edge products and implements them internally often making employees beta users (fun and frustrating). Encouraging early adoption of new technologies benefits… Cons: There's been a steep, and documented, decline in compensation in last 10 years. No raises unless you're promoted. Promotions are limited to approximately… Advice to Senior Management: Train your managers so they are professionals. I had more bad than good managers ranging from micro-managers to hostile work environment liabilities. Bad managers are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!