There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Great place for contractors!

Current Contractor - Customer Briefing Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Contractor - Customer Briefing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great contractor opportunities with flexible schedules. Nice people with what seems to be a good code of conduct amongst employees. Access to most things a full-time employee would get. Very cool technology to work with -- awesome customer base.

Cons

Of course being a contractor you don't get access to their great benefit packages. Sometimes you are left out of info and distribution items in your own group simply because managers look at their "FT reports".

Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems

1. One of the best places to work

Current Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome benefits and opportunities to advance in career. Love the culture to do the right thing for your employees and customers.

Cons

Would like to see more structured programs on career building and moving around within the company. Also, regular raises would be great.

Advice to Management

Rate teams instead of individuals if you want better results, sometimes people are competing more than collaborating that hinders in the overall growth of the company.

2. A place you can live your life and enjoy having a family and yet still make a living working.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the fact I can work from home. I like that Cisco wants us to have a family life and not just a working life.

Cons

If your a contractor you are stuck! there's no growth opportunities even though they claim there is.They lose out on a lot of talented internal workers because the company is so big and rather than empowering a contractor that is already here they look for externally talent.

Advice to Management

Cisco has some of the best talented people already working for you. Instead of promoting jobs externally look within your own contractors that are already here. It's easier for me to quit and be considered at Cisco than being a contractor trying to get that full time job. Contractors have talent we just aren't given the chance or our bosses aren't given the reqs to hire us.