There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Excellent Career

Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging, interesting work with great teawork culture. A lot of opportunity to provide value and initiate positive change, even at the invividual contributor level. Supportive and respectful management. Great technology and effective technical direction leadership. Excellent work-life balance. Recent hires from competitors has provided fresh industy insight and ideas that have been positive overall for Cisco.

Cons

Some business operational challenges/inefficiencies that are now clearly being addressed. Learning to navigate within a large and dynamic company can prove challenging for new hires.

Keep up the good work and continue to foster the Cisco family culture.

4878 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

A place you can live your life and enjoy having a family and yet still make a living working.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like the fact I can work from home. I like that Cisco wants us to have a family life and not just a working life.

Cons

If your a contractor you are stuck! there's no growth opportunities even though they claim there is.They lose out on a lot of talented internal workers because the company is so big and rather than empowering a contractor that is already here they look for externally talent.

Cisco has some of the best talented people already working for you. Instead of promoting jobs externally look within your own contractors that are already here. It's easier for me to quit and be considered at Cisco than being a contractor trying to get that full time job. Contractors have talent we just aren't given the chance or our bosses aren't given the reqs to hire us.

No US growth, driving out its best people

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

We used to have free drinks. Now they have free out-placing service when they offshore your job to China or India. I guess it is a plus that you get to spend a lot of time training your offshore replacement before they let you go.

Cons

Too many to name. They are so big, they move like a dinosaur. Chambers says we are family. I would hate to be one of his kids.

Hire new management.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!