There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Excellent Career

Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging, interesting work with great teawork culture. A lot of opportunity to provide value and initiate positive change, even at the invividual contributor level. Supportive and respectful management. Great technology and effective technical direction leadership. Excellent work-life balance. Recent hires from competitors has provided fresh industy insight and ideas that have been positive overall for Cisco.

Cons

Some business operational challenges/inefficiencies that are now clearly being addressed. Learning to navigate within a large and dynamic company can prove challenging for new hires.

Keep up the good work and continue to foster the Cisco family culture.

reviews filtered by

No US growth, driving out its best people

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

We used to have free drinks. Now they have free out-placing service when they offshore your job to China or India. I guess it is a plus that you get to spend a lot of time training your offshore replacement before they let you go.

Cons

Too many to name. They are so big, they move like a dinosaur. Chambers says we are family. I would hate to be one of his kids.

Hire new management.

2. One of the best places to work

Current Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome benefits and opportunities to advance in career. Love the culture to do the right thing for your employees and customers.

Cons

Would like to see more structured programs on career building and moving around within the company. Also, regular raises would be great.

Rate teams instead of individuals if you want better results, sometimes people are competing more than collaborating that hinders in the overall growth of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems