Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Wonderful company to start you career straight out of college.

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cisco has a bunch of perks; Flexibility, Growth, Exposure, Work/Life Balance, Great Atmosphere, Work Family. Overall Cisco cares about their employees and what makes them happy.

Cons

Cisco only has a couple of negatives in my opinion. Performance reviews are slightly unfair but don't really harm you(meaning you are more likely to get average but that means good). Visiting HQ depends upon the team you work for and some teams never send people some limits visibility face to face (WebEx makes up for that a little but still would like to shake a hand from time to time.)

Send your employees once every 2 years to shake hands in primary work locations. Find a better way to stank rank employees based on peers.

5570 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Internship Experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It was a very friendly environment in general and you get to work with their product not on some side project. They also had good programs for interns throughout the summer and kept us very engaged.

Cons

They have a poor retention policy for interns and rarely recall interns from previous years or give them full time offers.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is my first 'real' job out of college - and I can say that the role I was hired into provides the right amount of challenge, as well as the room for growth that anyone could hope for. Working with a team where your opinions/contributions are valued, and expectations set within a reachable limit has helped me grow my own personal career, while pushing the limits of my job description, to the next level.

Cons

Sometimes that speed of work could be a bit slower than I would like - but I think that is due to the company being as large as it is. Lots of 'hurry up and wait' with the amount of collaboration my role utilizes.

Increase the budget for R&D to maintain a competitive stance in the Knowledge Management arena.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems