Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com
  www.cisco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Comfortable job but not much room for improvement

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cisco pays well. There are stock opportunities, bonuses, and I work some with pretty great and smart people. It's very family friendly here and I have the flexibility to spend time with my kids and get work done. I know I have been given some decent opportunities throughout my career but it's not an easy path.

Cons

Unless you work in one of the big home offices (SJ, RTP, Richardson), it is hard to get career opportunities. Lots of politics and things (such as cool new products) move slowly. Also, working with a large global company you have a lot of hires outside of the US, which makes working with the different timezones hard.

Know who is contributing and recognize and reward them! Get things out to market sooner. Work like a start-up instead of a big and bloated company.

5320 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Cisco is one of the best companies to work for as far as work balance life.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility. Depends on the nature of your job, however from my experience, I've been able to achieve a successful career and still be present for the afterschool and in-class activities, sicknesses and other situations where a typical "in-office" 8-5 job would not allow.

Cons

Tyring to achieve a job change within a different organization within the company can be challenging.

Invest more into the in-house career movement tool

Wonderful company to start you career straight out of college.

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cisco has a bunch of perks; Flexibility, Growth, Exposure, Work/Life Balance, Great Atmosphere, Work Family. Overall Cisco cares about their employees and what makes them happy.

Cons

Cisco only has a couple of negatives in my opinion. Performance reviews are slightly unfair but don't really harm you(meaning you are more likely to get average but that means good). Visiting HQ depends upon the team you work for and some teams never send people some limits visibility face to face (WebEx makes up for that a little but still would like to shake a hand from time to time.)

Send your employees once every 2 years to shake hands in primary work locations. Find a better way to stank rank employees based on peers.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems