Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

 

Cisco Internship- Financial Analyst

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Former Intern - Cisco Internship- Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA
Former Intern - Cisco Internship- Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great company, lots of networking opportunities, flex hours, Fridays can work from home

Cons

If stuck on something not much help from others, figure out by yourself

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Take better care of your interns, spend more time with them!

Recommends
Neutral Outlook
Approves of CEO

5769 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1.  

    Good place to work. Great Benefits and work-life balance.

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA

    I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than a year)

    Pros

    - Great Benefits (Health Insurance/ESPP/401K/PTO)
    - Work Life Balance
    - Flexibility to do what you want.
    - Stability
    - Number 1 in it's industry and starting to expand to other areas as well.
    - Alot of projects to work on (Depends on your BU I guess)
    - Tuition Reimbursement for graduate school

    Cons

    - No yearly salary increases, once in a few years. (Also depends on BU)
    - Slow moving and decision making company. Probably because it's an old company.
    - A lot of old timers waiting for retirement.
    - Bureaucratic

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Hire more new grads or young blood to help boost up morale and get the momentum going again.

    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  2. 3 people found this helpful  

    Cisco is loosing its Technical edge

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

    I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (more than a year)

    Pros

    good Business, Marketing, and Sales experience

    Cons

    crowded place (Cisco sold 8 buildings on Tasman), and moved all the people to other buildings, separation of classes between full time and contractors (over 20% of employee are actually contractors to 14 vendors). Contractors are chosen base on their acceptance of the lowest hourly rate not their experience. Technologically the company is basically counting on buyout of other companies, and they are mostly counting on good marketing and sells strategy, instead of technological advances.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Set the percentage of what a vendor can keep vs what contractor get. Some vendors keep over 60% of what they charge Cisco, leaving the contractors with only 40%. This mean Cisco can only get the cheapest contractor, not the best one.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Work at Cisco Systems? Share Your Experiences

Cisco Systems

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.