Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

All in all -- it's a good place to work

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsIn my experience bonus + salary is pretty tough to match at competitors. Great work/family balance, working remotely is generally allowed (but I never tried to abuse it). In general the work is interesting and furthers my career as a software engineer.

ConsSometimes I feel as if my work assignments are not as "meaty" as I would like. At other companies I've had a lot broader scope and responsibility. It's not always the case; I think it varies from group to group and even manager to manager. Promotions can be tough to come by (at least for grade 10 and above) and is largely dictated by your level of visibility and playing politics.

Great company to work for.

IT Engineer (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance. Flexible at Work. Cons: NO INNOVATION. BAD MANAGEMENT(not all) More

Cisco is people company

Architect (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: good work culture, employee oriented, place to drive innovation, flexible work hours,… Cons: Too large and sometime takes longer to change, requires a start-up type culture to penetrate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!