There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Great first 10 years, then.....................

Former Employee - Channels & Bus Dev  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Channels & Bus Dev in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, challenging, get to be part of one of the industries greatest sales teams

Cons

Have become political in last few years with folks hiring cronies from industry at high pay while the meat of the organization is being dismantled - i.e, the folks brining in the revenue that own long term client relationships.

Go back to what you do best and lead with appropriate technologies - make your core teams feel appreciated, your competitors are !

4973 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Good Overall Company with great benefits. Subject to whims of layoffs every couple of years.

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generally a leader in the networking industry backbone. Pay and benefits are good to start. Lot's of opportunity to rotate jobs. Good work/life balance and ability to work remote.

Cons

Very difficult to get raises. Make sure you come in at a grade level that you are comfortable with for several years because it can be tough to get grade level promotions. You may be subject to layoffs every 1-2 years that may not be tied to your performance.

Define more clear career opportunities. Take a longer term view to talent and quit making so many restructuring efforts that cause morale to plummet.

Awesome people, interesting work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The section I work at in Knoxville has a free Friday policy where every other Friday you get to do your own research. The projects change on a regular basis so at least twice a year you change up what you are working on. The other employees and managers in my section are really great, intelligent cool people with only one exception.

Cons

My group at Cisco in Knoxville is very separate from corporate Cisco in San Jose, and that can make some communications seem forced and ludicrous. Also there is that one manager in my group at Cisco who has favorites and prefers ideas from one person over another. There is not much possibility of advancement at least from within my section at Cisco without leaving Cisco. As well as Cisco has the regular lay offs which are bad for moral and scary.

Happy employee are more productive employees, so show employee how to advance within Cisco, and do something about the favoritism showed by a specific manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!