Cisco Systems
3.5 of 5 4,232 reviews
www.cisco.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Used to be a great place to work, now it's all about the politics and making sure you get your cut.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay and bonus Coworkers are typically pretty good people, although they tend to be on the more conservative side. Culture has taken a turn for the worse.

ConsHorrible leadership, tons of politics, terrible HR, basically you should treat yourself as a mercenary and look out for yourself. Also, since they put in water less toilets, you get the honor of smelling your coworkers urine. Great motivation to stop drinking water during the day which saves the company valuable revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending employees are stupid, own up to your mistakes and replace Chambers.

Good Company to work for

Program Manager (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great company culture. Work life Balance. The good positive… Cons: You are always on your job. It never leaves you. The culture seems to be changing. They really need some game changing acquisition, which they… Advice to Senior Management: Need a radical strategy to get to next level Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Intern

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great team, management and work. Would love to go back. Cons: Great place. Not many cons.. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cisco Systems – Why Work for Us?

We’re the people who made the Internet what it is today. From its early days of simple connectivity to the future of the Internet of Everything, we’ve pioneered it every step of the way. Now we’re building the best team… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cisco Systems CEO John T. Chambers . All reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems employees.