Cisco Systems

fair

Current Employee - Software Technical Lead in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Technical Lead in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

stable company, good culture, and open

Cons

too big to grow, not much opportunity for me

ok management

5412 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Cisco is still a great place to work

Current Employee - Operations Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

the people are innovative, creative, energetic, compassionate. The culture promotes giving back in many forms. The breadth of product makes many future possibilities exciting. Senior management are good human being. They are intelligent, experienced and compassionate. The culture is so open that I have never even heard of employee being turned away when they requested to meet with anyone in the company. The energy in the place is incredible. You want to work hard and be creative because of the people and opportunity around you. Having to write one hundred words for this thing is ridiculous. I almost stopped writing a while back

Cons

compensation package. Lack of HR processes, systems and people. HR has not been adequately staffed since 2001. Managers have little training or support to become good people managers. International assignments are very few and far between but not having done an international assignment can be a barrier to success. When employees do go on international assignment, their pay and taxes are general screwed up for years. When it is time for them to return to their home country they are on their own to find a job and generally viewed as if they are returning from a long vacation. Chambers is a focal point with no succession plan.

rip the bandaid off. Change the stock Option grant policies and if people leave they leave. The little by little approach is so disheartening. Stop playing economist to wall street. We are an internet company not the Fed!

Cisco - great place to work if you like high speed environments...

Current Employee - Account Manager in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Flexibility in managing schedule allows for great work-life balance

Cons

It is a very "What have you done for me lately?" type of place. What you did yesterday does not matter -

Ensure the company stays focused and maintain the culture of a high speed Silicon Valley corporation.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems