There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

A great company to work for if you are interested to understand how infrastructure changes people's living and learning.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

opportunities to transfer within company based on your interest and skill set. Career transition and technology learning is available for people who have passion and are willing to learn.

Cons

Well established company with relative mature technologies and business model, the opportunity to climb the corporate ladder is not easy. The culture has changed significantly due to the lack of diversity mid-level management layer.

Advice to Management

provide the position rotation opportunity to retain the talent

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun but boring towards the end

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Get to learn a lot about networks,

Cons

Big company issues. got boring towards the end so I left

Voice Technology Group - avoid at all costs

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Boxborough, MA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are supportive about flex time and telecommuting. Paychecks arrive as scheduled.

Cons

There is no on-boarding. If you need to know about something, (f.e.; auto-deposit payroll vs. commission checks) you're expected to find it on the poorly-indexed corporate website(s). For somethings you can call HR in California. The phone staff was always friendly & the on-hold times were ok. However, even at ok, altogether it'll make for very long first days. There is no relocation assistance, so bargain hard for that signing bonus! I can only speak from my experiences, but in my opinion - Do not work for this company. Not unless you enjoy being bludgeoned out of your career by small-minded micro-managers. If you have another option, take it. I had options. And I chose Cisco! Dammit. Forewarned is forearmed.

Advice to Management

Quit valuing your 60% margin over your employees. Provide real on-boarding. You need to enable employees to give honest (i.e., truly anonymous) feedback of their manager.