There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Love working at Cisco

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Everyone is intelligent, great leadership, fun culture. Even though we are a remote office, do to our Unified Commucations tools we feel like we are one company globally. You are permitted to take your own patch and own as much responsibility as you want.

Cons

very competitive - but his is also good. They have taken away a lot of small perks like free drinks, pay for home internet etc,

Bring back small perks, they do a lot for morale

5142 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Good and safe job security, but slow salary/promotion

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Lots of varied work environments, if you can pick the right one and adapt
    Great, smart people, fun to work with
    Working from home is widespread and gives you great work-life balance and flexible hours

Cons

People work all hours and weekends
    Salary growth is slow after working for many years, options are not what they were in the past
    People managers are far and few...most concentrate on delivery only and burning out their employees
    People are rewarded more on saving a failing project with diving catches, rather than running a project smoothly with no surprises

Provide more competitive salaries for folks in the middle, VP's make 10x what a regular employee makes...do we really need that many VP's? Get rid of low performing upper management, including Directors and VP's who are ruining the Cisco culture. There have been mass exoduses away from certain managers without any repercussions on the manager causing their own direct reports to leave.

Sr Management power games

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

I'm happy to have a steady job. People are usually impressed to know I work at a name recognized company.

Cons

Too much internal politics and backstabbing amongst senior management. I don't understand how the executives allow this to happen - unless they promote it. Excellent performing leaders are forced to leave for no good reason other than land grab.

Stop the land grab and just develop and sell product. Why continue to purchase companies like Flip Video when you should be promoting and rewarding internal innovation?

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems