There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

No ego, little politics, great work-life balance - at the cost of low-energy environment.

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like how my colleagues are down-to-earth, in a real way. I interviewed with hot industry names and was really put-off by the arrogance of the people I've met. The work-life balance is also very good. The compensation is competitive with most of the top names in the market. Also, management is experienced and good to learn from.

Cons

It's an older culture. People are not very driven. The company isn't really innovating. The benefits are good, not amazing - the ESPP program, for example, is pretty good for a corporate.

Advice to Management

Management should create special tracks for younger employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems

I have been at Cisco for several years and they have treated me very well. No complaints here.

Pros

The people I have worked with are top notch. Great leadership, excellent managers, excellent pay scale, excellent benefits.

Cons

Multiple layoffs/restructuring. The company is strong. Workforce reductions are an attempt to target key growth areas in a terrible economy and rapidly transitioning environment.

Advice to Management

No advice

Software Engineering Intern

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent compensation package, focus on employee participation in volunteer work, including matching donations to certain charities and foundations

Cons

Overall the main issue I saw with Cisco was the size of the company itself. Because it is so large, many projects may get cancelled or sold off to another company.