There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

It is overall good place to work, one can have good life-work balance.

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Developer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

The working environment is friendly, supportive team mates will enjoy working

Cons

Higher management is not very good, one will not get recognition for his/her work. no career path

should be involved with lower team evaluate performance provide a good career path for employees

4878 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

A perfect place to work - if you are average or slightly above an average engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Work environment is beautiful and well equipped.
    Flexibility
    Stability
    High Technology

Cons

Management simply treats most engineers as replaceable.

Horrible management of software code base with respect to customer releases results in poor usage of SW Engineers. Most are getting burned out doing upkeep work and all new work seems to go to contractors.

Management makes it known that engineers cannot be involved in business and completely shields them from any of it.

Compensate the good engineers and stop trying to align everyone in the middle (like sheep). It is insulting to give baseline raises to those below the curve without ANY performance base.

Middle management seems to be hand picked to be "yes men" that have no career ambition and thus have no interest in promoting their engineers for extra effort and exceeding expectations.

Take a look around... you cannot keep saying that "you should be happy to have a job in this economy" and use this tactic in suspending salaries and bonuses for 3 years. We have literally dozens of job openings and we cannot find a soul to fill them.

Glad they aren't crooks

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

These days you feel blessed if the CEO isn't leaving the country with your 401k plan in his suitcase. We were our butts off, but we are compensated. The company is solid with lots of $$ in the bank so I never worry about my checks cashing!

Cons

Diggs are grubby
    Meetings all day every day so real work has to happen before 8am and after 6pm

Middle management needs to be more connected with upper management. The organization may tout itself is flat -- but not so much

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!