There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Cisco's great

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

You are encouraged to collaborate and seek visibility, even externally. Some employees can even work from home or in a remote office. Managers are generally open minded and encourage asking tough questions and challenging the status quo. Industry Leader. Still a growth company. Compensation and benefits are excellent. For instance, the medical and dental package is 2nd to none and much better than most other comparable companies. “If you are uncomfortable with change, Cisco might not be the place for you. There are significant leadership and strategy changes as we adapt to different markets. Many projects we work on are started and stopped haphazardly by product marketing or senior leadership.

Cons

“- Many things in the new hire process are unorganized for new employees. I particularly dislike the 2+ week overhead trying to get initial items setup.
- Expectations for corporate culture may be put on badges, but I am not feeling the type of camaraderie that I had, nor the new employee immersing expectations that occurred for my last job with "Big Chip Inc". It's starting to feel like more people are there putting in their 9 - 5 instead of being there because they enjoy their work more. Then again I am biased and so is my viewpoint of being a Software Engineer.”

“Please start thinking more like engineers and less like business people. I feel like too many suits are running the show without considering the possible side-effects of poor design decisions or the like. “If you are uncomfortable with change, Cisco might not be the place for you. There are significant leadership and strategy changes as we adapt to different markets. Many projects we work on are started and stopped haphazardly by product marketing or senior leadership.

5103 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Best in the world...

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

I love Cisco. My role in sales is very fast paced and rewarding, both personally and financially. The Cisco family is unstoppable when it wants to be. Senior leaders are energized about the company and communicate our vision and strategy with clarity.

Cons

Cisco is a large company with a complex set of corporate initiatives and solutions. You will need your thinking cap to be successful.

Prune the dead wood. Cisco has many employees at the 1st and 2nd level of management that don't lead and won't make hard decisions.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Systems Test Eng in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Test Eng in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

As long as it's in networking if you get bored in one area you can move to almost any other area.

Cons

It can be slow to change, in certain areas that are changing quickly.

Have them try to be more universal and policies rather than letting each BU decide on its own.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems