Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

The perfect company for cool dorks.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCisco is a leader across many different sub-industries within IT: routing, switching, storage, VoIP, wireless, optical, application acceleration, etc. which allows sales engineers to gain a wide breadth of knowledge and exposure across many different technologies and products. Working with Cisco is very fast paced and you get to play with cutting edge technology that has not been released to the mainstream public yet. Cisco sales managers do no micromanage; they give their employees all the freedom and resources needed to get their job done.

ConsIf you don't love electronics or gadgets or computers, you will be lost. You have to love technology to succeed or you will be too overwhelmed.

When working in sales where customer satisfaction is paramount, sometimes this means you have to make yourself available during non-standard working hours.

Also, because attrition within Cisco is minimal, promotions to management positions within Cisco might be harder to obtain because few managers want to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to execute on our 5 year strategy, but realize, the more industries we enter and the more companies we acquire, the sales guys are the ones that have to get up to speed on our ever expanding portfolio.

Cisco Rocks Much More Than Not

Senior Integrated Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: Flexibility, Working with other smart people, stable company, caring company, opportunities to learn new things, opportunity to move around to get… Cons: if you don't set your boundaries this place will take everything you are willing to give it, increasing… Advice to Senior Management: Teach people how to advance their careers - not just at the superficial/fake story level. Honestly, the reason people get promotions are not just… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Cisco's culture of innovation, collaboration and giving back to the community they enter, is what has kept me there.

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: Culture, high quality colleagues, opportunity to grow, serve, innovate and… Cons: It is easy to become invisible Advice to Senior Management: Don't oil only the squeeky wheel More

There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!