There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Cisco is a good place to work

Current Employee - Technical Leader I in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Technical Leader I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

The pay and people are excellent.

Cons

Long hours, boring work, no state of the art software. Software engineers live in cube land. Senior managment really doesn't seem to know where they are going.

Move into the 21 century software development wise. Use C++ not C, use design methodologies. Use existing operating systems.

reviews filtered by
  1. great place, lots of work to be done

Former Employee - Hardware Test Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Hardware Test Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

large company, lots of different oppertunities. you can go into cisco as a nobody and leave as a professional networking guy with 5 cisco certs under your belt. you have to take advantage of the situation.

Cons

in the group i worked in, no work life balance, all work. ive heard thats not normal for cisco though. with the group i was in it wasnt the persuit of knowledge, it was the pursuit of getting it done. i would try to understand more about how things worked but would often get back the response from someone of "i dont know, why do you care"

dont let your group get kicked around. other managers would shove problems onto our group and we had to deal with them. a good manager would have pushed back and not let us have to do others work.

2. Innovative fast paced enironment to work.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Forward thinking innovative company. Must win attitude and amazing and collaborative resources.

Cons

Hard driving very numbers focused. Very aggressive targets which limit compensation.

Be more involved and work closer with the sales forces. Do not be too far removed from our customers. Spend more time visitng clients rather than staying focused on internal issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems