Cision

www.cision.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cision

great until it ended

I worked at Cision full-time

Pros

good pay and flexible hours

Cons

co-workers are unprofessional and rude

114 Other Employee Reviews for Cision (View Most Recent)

Average is good enough

I have been working at Cision full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere
    Fun people
    High entry level pay

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement
    Hard work not recognized, doing just what's required to get by is fine by management
    Favorites often picked by management

My time at Cision......

I worked at Cision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-The main reason I enjoyed my relatively short time here (2 and a half years), was the management I worked under. Of the three people I worked under, they were demanding but helpful and wanted to see all employees succeed.
    -Another pro was the product. As a seller, it's great to know that your product was flat out the best in the industry and it was a relief knowing that my only real obstacle was price, and rarely had to worry about losing an account was due to an inferior product.

Cons

-The office space is miserable. Gray, stained walls, and low ceilings. I was at the Chicago office a few times and felt the same way, despite being the corp office. Outside of a larger conference room, there's no real sign that this is the HQ.
    -A major con was how the sales teams were broken out. For the most part, there are three main sales teams (Renewal, New Biz, and Broadcast), plus other teams that only focus on one product. The relationships between these teams - professionally speaking - are non-existent, and when they do exists it's working on the same account and fighting for a share of the deal. Many times a renewal rep will inherit an account where it's rather obvious that the suite of products isn't what they need, so time must be spent to rework the deal and provide the client with proper service - this isn't really the best way to introduce a client to a service, and at times leaving the renewal in jeopardy. Meanwhile, no consequence comes to the new biz rep who tried to get s many dollars as possible, not caring about continuing business. Plus, these little sales teams that sell one product only are allowed to call into accounts. I understand the atmosphere of competition, which Cision seems to love, but it's hard to be the consultative partner to the client when that relationship is being disrupted, and you have colleagues calling into your accounts, undercutting your prices, and causing confusion with the client.
    -Room for advancement. When hired I met a lot of people who have been there for 5-10-15 years. While this should be a selling point, it made me wonder what the atmosphere was like, in regards to people wanting to advance their careers. It's a flat company, but not in the way it makes a start-up look attractive. As long as your manager is doing well, you could be a rock start hitting goal for years and there would be little to no possibility for advancement.
    -Finally - the pay. I'd probably still be working there if they provided a better base salary. (I left for a role where the base was $30K more). Of course, you work to hit your number every month, however sometimes bad luck or a bad account get in the way. It's really hard to live with your bonus being such a large part of what you need to live.

A higher base pay would be great. It'd help attract better talent, as well as retain the talent currently there. Also, consolidation among the sales teams. I understand that a competitive nature usually drives success within sales, but in this case I believe it does more harm than good.

There are newer employer reviews for Cision