Excellent place for Internship

Former Employee - Financial Analyst - Intern  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Financial Analyst - Intern in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citi

Pros

- Great internship during summer
- Diverse team
- Dynamic work environment
- Great weather in Florida
- Multilingual opportunities

Cons

- long hours
- ambiguous instructions from management
- sometimes language barriers are problems
- knowledge sharing can be problem

Other Reviews for Citi

My team is unique in it's support of each other, however overall it's a dog eat dog world.

Current Employee - Expense Management Analytics Senior Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Expense Management Analytics Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

They gave me an opportunity based on faith and have provided me with full benefits and a more than fair salary.

Cons

Senior management is out of touch and incompetent.

Consider what is best for your team as opposed to just being a "Yes Man". You'll create a large pool of supporters as opposed to burning the candle at both ends. Sr Management will never be satisfied.

Tough environment, but the challenge made me a better employee!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Citi

Pros

Benefits package comprehensive and pricing to employee(s) fair. Proactive with FMLA and disability issues. Working environment well spaced, well lit, and generally quiet for this type of business. Centrally located in the DFW metroplex, outstanding cafeteria, clean breakrooms, close to external food services. Generally speaking, treatment of employees was fair and very respectful.

Cons

Long hours at month-end, month-end close. Long hours at mid-month. Occasionally these long hours interefered with attending college courses at night.

Senior management needs to become more involved and proactive in mentoring and coaching their female employee population at all levels. While generally yearly employee reviews are based on employee production, there are times when manager's personality dislikes taint the reviews - this needs to stop.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!