Citi

www.citigroup.com
  www.citigroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Good place to work if you can hold on to the job in this economy

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Citi

Pros

A lot of flexibility on the technology side. As long as the problems were solved very little or no red tape to go through. The managers were not very pesky.

Cons

Getting things cross teams is a nightmare. The back office is probably one of the reason they were unable to compete with other IBs even during the boom time.

Instead of merging and trying to get bigger under a big "Umbrella", they should focus more on having smaller departments with proper oversight. Just because the back office is cheaper to run does not mean that they are not important enough for the company's to be competitive.

2774 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

CTI was a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Irving, TX

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Flexible work hours. Before the meltdown, ability to transfer between workgroups to cross-train. Most of the people I work with are great, knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge and help each other out. My workgroup did not cut the training budget as most others did.

Cons

Morale is very low right now due to layoffs 2-3 weeks ago. Sr. Mgmt believes 50+ hours every week is acceptable. Due to regulatory requirements separation of duty has put every workgroup in a silo causing 1) no to very little cross training, 2) decreasing the ability to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.

Consider the long term affects of what you're doing now, saving a dollar today should not be the bottom line.

Citi is Large, your happiness will depend on which group you work in.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

For now, we're one of the few I-banks left, and we're quite committed to surviving. Citi is a large firm with over 350,000 employees, so your happiness will depend on which group you work in. I work across many of the businesses in a support function and find the folks here in general to be smart and helpful.

Cons

I've heard that comp is usually on the low end compared to the Street. But there's not much Street left now, so...... Compensation will vary dramatically depending on location. New York City pays in commiseration with the cost of living. The same position in other areas will vary.

Continue to communicate to employees where we are and how we're doing. Leverage Citi knowledge and encourage such knowledge leveraging around the

There are newer employer reviews for Citi