There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Good place to work if you can hold on to the job in this economy

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Citi

Pros

A lot of flexibility on the technology side. As long as the problems were solved very little or no red tape to go through. The managers were not very pesky.

Cons

Getting things cross teams is a nightmare. The back office is probably one of the reason they were unable to compete with other IBs even during the boom time.

Advice to Management

Instead of merging and trying to get bigger under a big "Umbrella", they should focus more on having smaller departments with proper oversight. Just because the back office is cheaper to run does not mean that they are not important enough for the company's to be competitive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. OK benefits, soul killing stress.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gray, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gray, TN

I worked at Citi

Pros

Pro: Good benefits for this area.

Cons

Phony employee recognition programs, feel good, touchy feely programs that become so rampant they don't mean anything. System is rigged so that the front line employee is always wrong, no matter how unrealistic management goals are. Management pushes Great Customer Service, yet employee not given the time to GIVE good Customer Service. The VOE program (Voice of the Employee) has a lot of time spent on it, yet I did not feel that management really listened, just paid lip service. Also, the Morality of Citi being able to borrow from the Fed (even before its bailout) at low interest rates 2% or lower, and then turn around and lend that out at 28-30% IS the definition of usury from the Bible, at least to me. I am glad to be gone from them.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like robots/children.

Don't waist your time and energy

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Citi

Pros

CitiGroup had an interesting call center that has the best facility amongst similar jobs. The benefits package is excellent but balances out with the low pay rate. The work life balance is great as a competent individual can complete his weekly work load in 40 hours or less. The Schedule is also great if you are fortunate to get a team with a morning schedule. Overall it was fun while it lasted but I could not do it for more. (total stay 1.1yrs)

Cons

There is always politics but i have never seen a place that had politics similar to a High School. Not to mention senior management treated everyone below as dumb high school students. I was a top performer for most of my stay there with limited effort. I was always told that performance gets you what you want, however at the end it was more determined on how much ass you can lick by the end of the day. To conclude i don't lick ass so I am in a better place now :-)

Advice to Management

Senior management should take feedback and use it productively