Citi

www.citigroup.com
  www.citigroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Good place to work if you can hold on to the job in this economy

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Citi

Pros

A lot of flexibility on the technology side. As long as the problems were solved very little or no red tape to go through. The managers were not very pesky.

Cons

Getting things cross teams is a nightmare. The back office is probably one of the reason they were unable to compete with other IBs even during the boom time.

Instead of merging and trying to get bigger under a big "Umbrella", they should focus more on having smaller departments with proper oversight. Just because the back office is cheaper to run does not mean that they are not important enough for the company's to be competitive.

2858 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

CTI was a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Irving, TX

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Flexible work hours. Before the meltdown, ability to transfer between workgroups to cross-train. Most of the people I work with are great, knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge and help each other out. My workgroup did not cut the training budget as most others did.

Cons

Morale is very low right now due to layoffs 2-3 weeks ago. Sr. Mgmt believes 50+ hours every week is acceptable. Due to regulatory requirements separation of duty has put every workgroup in a silo causing 1) no to very little cross training, 2) decreasing the ability to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.

Consider the long term affects of what you're doing now, saving a dollar today should not be the bottom line.

OK benefits, soul killing stress.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gray, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gray, TN

I worked at Citi

Pros

Pro: Good benefits for this area.

Cons

Phony employee recognition programs, feel good, touchy feely programs that become so rampant they don't mean anything. System is rigged so that the front line employee is always wrong, no matter how unrealistic management goals are. Management pushes Great Customer Service, yet employee not given the time to GIVE good Customer Service. The VOE program (Voice of the Employee) has a lot of time spent on it, yet I did not feel that management really listened, just paid lip service. Also, the Morality of Citi being able to borrow from the Fed (even before its bailout) at low interest rates 2% or lower, and then turn around and lend that out at 28-30% IS the definition of usury from the Bible, at least to me. I am glad to be gone from them.

Stop treating employees like robots/children.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi