Low tide lowers all ships

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Pure meritocracy - those who do the job best, get paid the best.

Cons

Huge company - easy to get lost if you let yourself

We have a good story to tell, but no storytellers. Time for a change at the top to somebody who can generate confidence in our product - not a technocrat.

Other Reviews for Citi

Go for the benefits and training and then move on.

Former Employee - Unit Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Citi

Pros

Excellent benefit package. TONS of vacation time. Management gets about 5 weeks. Work life balance is ok at first but gets much tougher as you move up. Mid and upper management log 60-70 hours all the time. Also, with all the technology their is no way to work remotely unless you like a network that lags so much it makes it impossible to work.

Cons

Get promoted internally and there is an excellent chance some of your direct reports will make more than you. Get hired into the same job from the outside and you'll make 30-40% more. HORRIBLE salaries for internal promotions.

Salaries need to be competitive with the market.

Citi- Where the smart people go to rot.

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Citi

Pros

Easy Job with low expectations. I was able to complete my job for the week in one day. The other time was spent surfing on the internet. Easy to cheat the system and take more time off like many I have seen. Also you can come in at anytime you want and work from home as you please.

Cons

Management is clueless. To get a promotion you need to be as friendly as possible to your managers. This is the best way to get promoted. The raises were outright awful most years. Did not matter what your performance review was because you would still receive the same pay increase.

This place really needs to be cleaned up from top to bottom. It might be best to sell the only good piece left which is Smith Barney.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!