There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Say what you mean and get it done.

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citi

Pros

International growth. Citi has the tools to do business internationaly and is not taking advantage of all the resources it has. fewer chiefs and more peope executing and getting things done. Focus on our advantages and use them to grow our busienss. Citi has international clients in US and is not taping into this vast resource. Could grow the company exponencialy

Cons

Lack of execution. Management needs to focus on getting things done fixing systems so that they all talk to each other. (Technology speaking) fewer chiefs and more peope executing and getting things done. Focus on our advantages and use them to grow our busienss. Citi has international clients in US and is not taping into this vast resource. Could grow the company exponencialy

2694 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Good place to work if you can hold on to the job in this economy

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Citi

Pros

A lot of flexibility on the technology side. As long as the problems were solved very little or no red tape to go through. The managers were not very pesky.

Cons

Getting things cross teams is a nightmare. The back office is probably one of the reason they were unable to compete with other IBs even during the boom time.

Instead of merging and trying to get bigger under a big "Umbrella", they should focus more on having smaller departments with proper oversight. Just because the back office is cheaper to run does not mean that they are not important enough for the company's to be competitive.

CTI was a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Irving, TX

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Flexible work hours. Before the meltdown, ability to transfer between workgroups to cross-train. Most of the people I work with are great, knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge and help each other out. My workgroup did not cut the training budget as most others did.

Cons

Morale is very low right now due to layoffs 2-3 weeks ago. Sr. Mgmt believes 50+ hours every week is acceptable. Due to regulatory requirements separation of duty has put every workgroup in a silo causing 1) no to very little cross training, 2) decreasing the ability to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.

Consider the long term affects of what you're doing now, saving a dollar today should not be the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi