There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Use CitiBank because they will use you!

Current Employee - Account Representative III in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Account Representative III in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Benefits. Compared to other companies in the financial sector they offer good rates for health insurance for POPs, as well as dental and especially vision.

Cons

The high turnover rate at Citi Cards in particular make the workplace hard to function due to the poor knowledge of new associates. Weight is put strictly on the ability to meet goals. Most of the jobs are going to India - because it makes good business sense - so don't expect job security. Moreover, the vertical structure at the bank, where managers look-up to senior managers, is a little sickening. This type of vertical structure makes it hard to give proper applauds to employees that offer good work in other areas besides what upper-management seems is the best.

Advice to Management

Nothing, I think they already know the problems but will never change the culture at Citibank (i.e. love of money) because they are a bank!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company to work for, but all the banks are in crisis now. Citi feels like its one of the better in the group though

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Fairly good benefits. Good work/life balance. Fairly smart people.

Cons

It's a big bank and all the banks are in the crap-hole.

Advice to Management

None

I wish I cared less.

Current Employee - Vice President in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

The vacation allowance is unmatched.

Cons

Politics, lack of ownership, inefficient use of time and resources, not smart when it comes to knowing who the customer is, mass marketing, no challenge, you are just a big cog in a big wheel. Can't accomplish anything because of the multiple levels you have to go through and the lack of capable technology.

Advice to Management

Give regular constructive feedback throughout the year. Stop treating your employees like children - this whole VOE thing really has gotten out of hand. We spend more time trying to make people feel good than getting things done. I'm an adult. I don't need cakes and prizes, etc. I need trust and guidance.