A good company to work for especially if you are driven.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Citi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good, hardworking people and management. Was given growth opportunities early in my career there.

Cons

If you are not in the right "pool" salary increases are minimal. Also not very accommodating to new families.

Be fair when it comes to compensation. Everyone should be entitled to a basic cost of living increase, and nothing less. To compensate one person over another when working in the same team does not boost morale nor does it make anyone want to work any harder than they already are.

Other Reviews for Citi

Its a good company

Current Employee - Securities Processing Representative  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Securities Processing Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Match 401K contributions up to 6% of salary and then give you another 1% bonus if you dont make an insane amount of money and then after your second year with the company you get another 1% bonus, so about an 8% match dollar for dollar after two years.

Cons

Not enough work to keep us busy

Bring in more clients and work us to death

Lots of Layoffs

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - BP&A  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - BP&A in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Citi full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This was a good place to start my career. I was able to move up several times during my tenure. The benefits were good and the people were easy to get along with. When the economy is doing well or the rates are low, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Some in management were allowed to "run wild" as long as they produced results and if you got in their way, you were gone. As mentioned above in the Pros as long as the economy was good or the rates were low, times were great, however once the rates go up and the housing market becomes stagnant, which it tends to do on a regular cycle about every 5-10 years, things go south fast. There were constant layoffs and this stressed everyone out and productivity tanked. The systems were ancient as were the processes surrounding them. Compensation was low when promoted from within and bonuses were low or non-existent.

Invest in your people and in better, more up to date technology.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!