Great Friends

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Barcelona (Spain)
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Barcelona (Spain)

I worked at Citi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great social side, chance to work in many locations around the globe and decent paycheque.

Cons

Disposable, limited career progression and unsatisfied customers

Value the staff more, try and change your thinking of staff in entry level positions as disposable and don't change things that attract customers to the bank.

Other Reviews for Citi

This company validated my aversion to huge corporations

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, and nice perks if you are in NYC. Free museum entry (at least before the meltdown.)

Cons

Terrible organization, clueless top management

I know how unlikely this is, but just in case: Stop buying and crushing small businesses! The tiny subsidiary I worked for is one of them. When auditors and other Citi visitors came, they often said things like, "Citi bought our company, and we were out of business within two years." I worked with one guy who was the hatchet man, and he had a perverse enjoyment in doing so. He bragged about how quickly he shut down companies. Most of which had been going concerns, and making profits before Citi crushed them.

Make sure your senior managers in the 6-figure income club have a clue about the businesses that report to them do. My company's president had a boss (and sycophants who traveled with him) who didn't have the slightest idea of what our company did. It was a niche financial services company, top in its field for over 20 years. 3 years later, it was no more.

Good place to start but lacked appropriate leadership

I have been working at Citi

Pros

If you self motivated, you can study different systems as a new hire that can be useful down the road in your career.

Cons

Lack of adequate management tolerance to accept other views especially from new hires with the excuse they have years worth of experience on the job.

Please be open up to views especially from the new analyst who have the requisite educational background. Also, being critical of your bosses views shouldn't not been seen in a negative way and hence affect ones reviews.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!