Citi

www.citigroup.com

Oddly Dysfunctional Relationship Between IT and the Business

Software Developer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome great people and a wonderful place to work overall. Citi is a diverse collection of cultures and backgrounds. You will meet everyone from geniuses to raving lunatics. Most people are just "good people" who are dedicated to their families and their careers.

ConsCan be very political on the IT side. Success is not always measured in terms of getting things done. Sometimes the workarounds are similar to going across the street to the grocery store by walking in the opposite direction and waiting until you circle the globe.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to IT management. Talk to the traders. They are smart and have clear opinions on what they need. Let the business measure success.

Lots of challenging work and projects, but poor management practices and culture

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: exciting, global work and opportunities, excellent for entry level analysts and… Cons: bureaucratic decision making processes, no accountability at senior manager ranks, poor global planning; lack of common sense,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

as a company , growing with change

Collections Agent (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: benefits especially vacation time tuition reimburstment Cons: micro managed no real dedication to employees Advice to Senior Management: limited depending on the department/branch you are in No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!