Citi

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Company that Cares

Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For such a large company, the communication is very good. I feel like I know what is happening because Vikram Pandit is very transparent about where we stand before earnings reports and big announcements are made.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to tell what your individual impact is to the company's overall progress.

Know what your employees are working on, and show your appreciation so that they know you care about and appreciate their efforts. Help them understand their overall impact to the larger organization, even if it is in small, non-monetary ways (team recognition, pat on the back, thank you note, etc.).

2858 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

One of the best places to work

Former Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ

I worked at Citi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the best places to learn about banking and financial industry. The company has inculcated a great culture of sharing information amongst its rank and file. People are always ready to help. Plus, being global organization helps if you would want to relocate and take on new challenges.

Cons

I found too much of outsourcing of technology and processing to third party companies, perhaps raising risks for the company.

Keep up the good work.

Flexible environment for risk management

Former Employee - Risk Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Risk Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Encourages mentorship and education, very nurturing environment; Diversity and excellence of colleagues; Exposure to great products and clients; Inter-group interactions are frequent and friendly; flexibility

Cons

Corporate politics; very inefficient; not enough intellectual challenge; repetitive or discrepancies in resources (for example, data systems used by different department may have different numbers)

There are newer employer reviews for Citi