There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Company that Cares

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For such a large company, the communication is very good. I feel like I know what is happening because Vikram Pandit is very transparent about where we stand before earnings reports and big announcements are made.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to tell what your individual impact is to the company's overall progress.

Know what your employees are working on, and show your appreciation so that they know you care about and appreciate their efforts. Help them understand their overall impact to the larger organization, even if it is in small, non-monetary ways (team recognition, pat on the back, thank you note, etc.).

2613 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

A mess starting with terrible leadership

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's virtually impossible to get fired for poor performance or even breaking fairly serious workplace rules.

Cons

- Headcount and salary is projected to be stable or negative for the next 48 - 72 months.
    - The company makes no attempt to hire or retain the best talent. 80% of the work is done by 20% of the employees.
    - Few employees are driven to delivery optimal work or results because this is not expected. As a result

I don't even know where to start. Maybe start with hiring a CIO who doesn't count half-assed implementations of new software and processes as a win. Start demanding excellence of employees. Pay for good employees and stop backfilling positions with the first person who applies. Reward employees who work their butts off for the company in incredibly challenging situations.

Work/life balance a big issue

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

- Big name
    - Brand value . looks good on resume
    - Some very good projects in terms of gaining knowledge

Cons

- Depends on the project but my project has work/life balance issue. Also, That is what I have heard from most of my friends in other projects in different locations as well.
    - 50% or more of the people in NY/NJ are Indians. I am myself an Indian but these people just don't know how to treat employees/Consultants.
    - Indians managers treats you like dog and expect you to deliver everything either today or tomorrow. There is no planning to the way projects are run.
    - Everyone is either an AVP,VP/SVP. These designations do not change the way people work.
    - There is no technological standards. Each project is run by a bunch of "so called " managers and each one runs his/her project as per one's own wishes.
    - The managers commits to his superior about a deadline without having no knowledge about the technology and without consulting anyone. When faced with the ground realities on execution, they just turn dumb and try to save their job ( by hook or crook).

- Ask your managers to give a plan for project execution. Simply asking for an end date and then running after them to get things done is not the correct approach.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!