There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Good place to start your career

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Long Island City, NY
Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Endless learning opps
-mentorship
-training program
- amazing work/life balance, can work remotely if you want

Cons

-very hierarchical, opps to advance are slim since you have 30 svps and 1 director

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good experience overall

Former Intern - Business Analyst in Miami, FL
    Former Intern - Business Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at Citi as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

While working at Citi as an intern, I had the opportunity to meet a great group of professionals. My manager was great an very knoledgeable.

Cons

They have a six month intership program which they do not use as a feeder for full time positions. This came up when I interviewed for full time positions with other institutions and they asked me why I did not get an offer from Citi.

Job security, great benefits, perfect if you want to keep the same job until retirement

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- AMAZING maternity leave benefits and work from home flexibility. I would recommend to any woman who wants a full time job during pregnancy and while raising small children. Women can combine the 13 weeks of paid maternity leave with other paid time off (vacation + sick days) to get up to 4.5 months off paid at 100%. Citi also allows up to 6 months off total (including paid and unpaid time) for each maternity leave. That is hard to beat.
    - Citi also offers generous flexible work arrangements. Almost everyone in my office works remotely 1-3 days per week. Some people even work remotely 100%.
    - Our Citi Cards office is very casual and laid back. Everyone is friendly and the environment is noncompetitive.
    - Senior managers are very approachable and open to new ideas.

Cons

- Internal promotions are limited, but some employees seem content to stay in the same position for 30 years.
    - Likewise, yearly raises based on merit and even raises for promotions are minimal. Many employees leave Citi to take a high paying job, then come back a couple years later in order to get a sufficient raise.
    - The employee costs of the health care plans have been increasing significantly each year.

Advice to Management

Promote from within and your employee retention and loyalty will greatly improve.