Citi

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

A good experience

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at Citi as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

lots of resources, good management, cutting-edge technology, very talented people. Overall it was a good experience, However i did not like the specific division on which I was working on and also I felt it was a little unorganized.

Cons

I did not really like the projects I was working on. I did not see as much opportunity to grow professionally and advance in my career.

2858 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

You earn your money

Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Florence, KY

I worked at Citi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Current technology and product introduction, many opportunities to develop if you are self motivated and highly driven. Committed to diversity and provides a rich environment. Very involved in communities.

Cons

Workload is excessive and relentless, uncoordinated, fast moving changes do not consistently provide a place for people to do their best, take risk and to feel successful. Forced ranking environment breeds competitveness, not for the weak of heart. Depends on what location and what department you work in

Communicate clear mission and goals.

Corporate nightmare!

Former Employee - Analyst in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in Getzville, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well known bank, Full-time work with benefits, retirement, vacation.

Cons

Poor management, no real definition of expectations from year to year. This was a very hard company to advance your career unless you happened to be a recent colllege grad. HR was of no help in this area, either. They do discriminate based on age. Also, their technology was always slow and systems were inefficient which made working in Operations very challenging. The bank lacked organization and principles.

Listen to your workers and pay attention to the surveys. Promote based on merit. Some of them have been there too long and don't know anything about boosting morale or treating employees with respect and dignity.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi