Citi

www.citigroup.com

Large company treatment, but valuable experience gained

Vice President (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAlways felt financially stable there, even through the difficult times. Leadership training and talent management systems were really great. Liked the goal-setting process and enjoyed the philosophy of implementing flexible work schedules, including many work at home opportunities. Tuition reimbursement was excellent (although, I think that has been cut in these difficult economic times, but I am sure it's still available to some extent).

ConsLarge company feel - the company is so large, and even though robust talent management systems are in place, employees still feel like a number. In a company that large, that's just going to happen, and I like being part of a smaller organization where I feel like my contributions really matter. After almost 2 decades of service, my business unit was sold, and more than 2000 employees in our division were laid off - I am sure our presence was not missed, and the organization moved on. It's hard to get your voice heard at upper levels, and even the senior-level managers have a very small voice. So many regulations and requirements make for a lot of red tape. Again, the down-side to being employed by a large global organization that is publicly traded and must adhere to certain guidelines.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on leadership and talent development; look for the "diamonds in the rough" and develop them too, not just the obvious high potential employees. Employee involvement is key! Ask for their input and ideas - include them, even if you can't use everything they have to suggest - the organization will flourish if they at least feel like their opinions matter!

Bad News!! Stay away from this company

Admin Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Citi part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: No pro's whatsoever this is the worst company ever! Cons: Management and co-workers are horrible... no raises. that is if your not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

VP

Vice President (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great place to work if you report into the local… Cons: It is very tough if you work for somebody virtually. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!