Citi

www.citigroup.com

Good for IT people who don't enjoy working close to technology.

Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsWith a bit of luck you can participate in large-scale IT projects. Working with globally distributed teams can be satisfying. The carrier path can be good if you are interested in management.

ConsA lot of bureaucracy and red tape. People are too often treated as resources. The management elitysm can also sometimes get irritating. There is definitely not enough communication between teams - people tend to hide behind processes and often focus on finding an excuse not to get involved with given initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the people who are in the trenches and a bit less to these who justify their existence by number of conference calls invitations sent or documents generated.

CSTS, keep your talents

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Citi

Pros: It's a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. and a member of… Cons: Management team failed to show the respects to their local stuff. Hard… Advice to Senior Management: Respect their stuff. Keep the talents and increase the salaries. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

So-so

Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at Citi

Pros: Met a number of good, interesting, competent people in my… Cons: It often takes ages to get things done due to the "processes" you… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline processes No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!