Citi

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

nice environment

Former Employee - QA Tester in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - QA Tester in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Citi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice, friendly, and helpful coworkers

Cons

multiple projects without knowing what your exactly working on.

2858 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Corporate

Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people. The pay is fairly competitive, but not the best. As a large Company, Citi looks good on a resume. Lots of potential opportunity, though ability to transfer may depend on your boss.

Cons

Everyone is working for their own group's interests so it can be very difficult to work together across functions. Benefits are not very good compared to different companies; also not as many perks as other banks.

Large company treatment, but valuable experience gained

Former Employee - Vice President in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Vice President in Denver, CO

I worked at Citi full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Always felt financially stable there, even through the difficult times. Leadership training and talent management systems were really great. Liked the goal-setting process and enjoyed the philosophy of implementing flexible work schedules, including many work at home opportunities. Tuition reimbursement was excellent (although, I think that has been cut in these difficult economic times, but I am sure it's still available to some extent).

Cons

Large company feel - the company is so large, and even though robust talent management systems are in place, employees still feel like a number. In a company that large, that's just going to happen, and I like being part of a smaller organization where I feel like my contributions really matter. After almost 2 decades of service, my business unit was sold, and more than 2000 employees in our division were laid off - I am sure our presence was not missed, and the organization moved on. It's hard to get your voice heard at upper levels, and even the senior-level managers have a very small voice. So many regulations and requirements make for a lot of red tape. Again, the down-side to being employed by a large global organization that is publicly traded and must adhere to certain guidelines.

Continue to focus on leadership and talent development; look for the "diamonds in the rough" and develop them too, not just the obvious high potential employees. Employee involvement is key! Ask for their input and ideas - include them, even if you can't use everything they have to suggest - the organization will flourish if they at least feel like their opinions matter!

There are newer employer reviews for Citi