Citi

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Don't expect a raise!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good, in fact they are heavy into Flexible Work Schedules, I am allowed to work from home two days a week, which is great. Other benefits are good as well, 401k, vacation, sick time, etc. The work is challenging most times.

Cons

Citi prides itself on being a meritocracy, which is supposed to mean - "A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement." But that is just not true, even after getting a very good year end performance evaluation, I did not receive a pay raise, for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW!!!!! The usual nonsense about not having money in the budget, yeah right, I'm sure my manager got a nice raise and a bonus too!

GIVE RAISES TO PEOPLE THAT DESERVE THEM!!!!!

2858 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Mediocre

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some good people to work with, nothing to overly stressful, tons of lateral mobility to gain a full experience.

Cons

Never got a raise, thankless, can catch even your closest co-workers in terrible moods regularly, HR is too busy trying to create such a comfortable work place that they forget about professionalism, no bonuses, witness lots of lay offs especially their most loyal people.

pay your employees.

Horrible work environment

Former Employee - IBD in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IBD in New York, NY

I worked at Citi as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay and exposure to management of clients

Cons

Disregard for employees, no work-life balance. Language is very crude, and you are glued to your blackberry. You will always be on call, and cannot stray far from your office at anytime of the day may it be 3am on Saturday.

Your employees are more than just a tool, they are people too. Upper management is in hast to fire their own with the top tier, and thus lower employees are virtually disposable.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi