Don't expect a raise!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work/Life balance is good, in fact they are heavy into Flexible Work Schedules, I am allowed to work from home two days a week, which is great. Other benefits are good as well, 401k, vacation, sick time, etc. The work is challenging most times.

Cons

Citi prides itself on being a meritocracy, which is supposed to mean - "A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement." But that is just not true, even after getting a very good year end performance evaluation, I did not receive a pay raise, for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW!!!!! The usual nonsense about not having money in the budget, yeah right, I'm sure my manager got a nice raise and a bonus too!

GIVE RAISES TO PEOPLE THAT DESERVE THEM!!!!!

Other Reviews for Citi

Death by Bureaucracy

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Irving, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent benefits, Free coffee in the break room, promotes from within

Cons

Management, Culture, Wages, Work/Life Balance, Amount of red tape and bureaucracy, lack of clear roles and responsibilities between silos causes ineffective and inefficient working environment.

Wake up! This company is being run into the ground by ineffectual HR polices and overly complicated bureaucracy. Be honest with yourself and your employees.

Horrible work environment

Former Employee - IBD  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - IBD in New York, NY

I worked at Citi as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and exposure to management of clients

Cons

Disregard for employees, no work-life balance. Language is very crude, and you are glued to your blackberry. You will always be on call, and cannot stray far from your office at anytime of the day may it be 3am on Saturday.

Your employees are more than just a tool, they are people too. Upper management is in hast to fire their own with the top tier, and thus lower employees are virtually disposable.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!