There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Relatively new employee wishes Citigroup knew anything about technology.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Citigroup is a powerful financial institution with a lot of resources unique to the institution. As a financial advisor, I have access to a lot of in-house resources and tools for my clients that are, as far as I can tell, unique to the industry. They pay fairly well and the overall environment here is not bad, and there is a good deal of comraderie between advisors within the office. Once everything was set up, we've had a good deal of autonomy as to how we run our business within the firm, so in that respect I'm quite satisfied.

Cons

Citigroup has more beaurocracy than any company I have ever seen. Anything in my branch can be done relatively quickly, but setting up accounts for interns, making any changes to my workstation, or attempting to do anything that requires outside approval takes forever. My HR director has been working for the firm for almost 20 years and still is confused by the system, not because she is less than competent but because the system makes very little sense. In addition, the firewall and operating system all computers are required to have almost, but not quite, completely cripples my ability to do any work with technology of any kind. There is a fairly good software suite preinstalled on the computer, but any applications that I want to use that haven't gone through the endless Citigroup approval process can't be installed. Upgrading or replacing technology of any kind is also very difficult. In addition, in the recent market Citigroup made some financial mistakes that were extremely costly to my busniess and my clients, so I'm entirely less than happy about that, but some of the other deals I have managed to get for them mostly makes up for some of the recent fiascos.

Give me a real operating system. Give me a better computer. Don't make me pay for an intern to sit in a cubicle for 3 weeks twiddling his thumbs because you can't figure out how to assign a login and password. Move your password assistance branch out of Mexico. Do not take risks with supposedly risk-free investments. Cut back the beaurocracy and try and actually get things done in a logical and timely manner, as opposed to your current convulted and incredibly slow method of doing business.

2628 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

citi review

Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

nice pockets that encourage and reward innovation

Cons

Huge company. can be hard to navigate. Excess culture of compliance and rules

encourage innovation from bottom up

Citi - Place for achievers

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Global operations, team spirit, Management expertise

Cons

Too big company, career prospects

More training and career counselling

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!