Citi

www.citigroup.com

It's a bureaucracy, like working for the government.

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAbility to work from home. They hire very experienced people who are smart.

ConsYou actually don't do work at Citi. All you do is write powerpoint presentations for management that no one does anything productive with. Its painful. The processes and systems make being productive very difficult. New employees threaten the legacy people with different ideas.
The company is so cheap with the employees its embarrassing, but management wastes so much money its scary. Its amazing that a bank could be so mismanaged. Senior Management is all about politics & optics. Too many people have never worked anywhere else so they dont know that there are different ways that work can be done more effectively and efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementDismantle the bureaucracy. Stop wasting employees time justifying the work you want them to do and actually let them do work. Get rid of the fancy suits, posh offices and perks for yourself and treat your employees better. Roll up your sleeves and actually do some work too. The facade you have created is very old school.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Citi

Pros: Wealth of knowledge at your finger tips. Great on resume. Cons: Your just a number and not a name to management More

Working at Citigroup, Inc.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible Work Schedules, Remote Work, Vacation/Sick/Holiday time all paid Cons: Expensive benefits, They say that they offer competitive salaries.....not so much! Little to no award recognition,… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be more truth to job postings in terms of compensation, and job requirements. Many jobs that I have worked, required much more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!