Citi

www.citigroup.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Exactly what you would expect from a big bank

I worked at Citi

Pros

As a multi-national firm, Citi offers a wealth of opportunities to work in many different locations or interest areas. You will find talented people throughout the company and there is a well-defined track into upper management.

Cons

As in any large organization, Citi is not free of its bureaucracy. Especially during the financial crisis, the bonuses were cut, changes weren't widely accepted, and the general culture was surrounded by fear of layoffs.

You need to do a better job in safeguarding your employees. There needs to be a sense of caring and security for their employees that needs to be even more prevalent in times of hardship.

3098 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Educational. Was a wonderful intro to banking and service/sales/t1 help desk.

Current Employee - Help Desk
    Current Employee - Help Desk

I have been working at Citi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits hands down will win you over. Started with vacation time available and full medical coverage cheap!

Cons

Feels inhibiting if solely an hourly employee.

More room to learn needed :) Otherwise wonderful mid level management. My boss feels a lot like a friend.

Continuity of Business Intern

Former Intern - Continuity of Business Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Continuity of Business Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Citi as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Got the chance to work on Wall St. I was placed in a corner cubicle and was allowed to stay there because it was one of the couple cubicles that people from other departments could use for the day. The people I worked with were awesome. I never had a problem talking to anyone.

Cons

I didn't live in NYC so it took an hour and a half to get to work one way. I was an intern, but I would quickly do my work and have to wait until it got approved so I could move to the next step. I spent many hours just waiting for my next assignment.

To many meetings to the point where a meeting isn't really important. Make meetings important again by limiting them.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi