Citi

www.citigroup.com

No work/life balance very long hours with occasional six day work weeks.

(Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGood benefits and on campus amenities.

ConsRealized the on campus amenities are so you never have an excuse to leave.
Never felt so undervalued as an employee.
Bad apples are left to spoil the bunch, even when the manager admits to knowing they are there.
Systems are so antiquated, you do very manual processes.
50+ hour weeks is the norm. Including coming in on occasional Saturdays. I have seen senior managers working well in excess of 60 hours and coming in on weekends.
Very poor work/life balance.
Strong individual contributors are promoted to lead, but turn out to be terrible leaders.
Never been so unimpressed with management.
Tiny desks to work at.
Bureaucracy that rivals the federal government.
Outsourcing more jobs to India.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know you are busy trying to save the company and get off of government welfare, but you are working your people very hard with very little reward. Fixing your technology problems is a good start. 8 settlement systems really? No one had the foresight to think, hmmm maybe merging these would be a good idea? Fix your bureaucracy problem, that will cut labor costs significantly. I once needed 8 approvals to get access to a new system. Try telling your employees you think they are valuable even if it is a lie. Didn't even get that much. Never felt so undervalued. I turned in my two weeks notice and have never felt so good.

It wasn't bad for employees, but wasn't great either

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good perks, some opportunity to work from home. The benefits… Cons: There's no avoiding having some bureaucracy in a 200 year old bank with almost a quarter million employees. Their 401K investors lost money, which looks… Advice to Senior Management: TBTF will not last forever. Do something about it before regulation catches up. Top down management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Company

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits and flexibilty. Oppurtunities for growth Cons: Lower pay, Bonuses are minimum More
There are newer reviews on Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!