Citi

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Six years employment

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company learn a lot.growing

Cons

Promotions few and unfair. Pay ok

Promote on experience not personal favorites

2979 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Really dragging and boring

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work, challenging , learn business

Cons

Bad people, Bad work environment

Starting there, I didn't know I'd be jumping out of the frying pan, skipping the fire, and headed for the inferno.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

I worked at Citi full-time

Pros

Pay has an edge in being competitive. Other benefits opportunities are top notch. Promotes volunteering and community service. On TANK bus route. Quick access to freeway. Plenty of fast food places nearby ... but Citi's cafeteria is THE BEST I've ever seen.

Cons

Training will either make or break you. For this new department to the Kentucky facility, training was sorely inadequate and incomplete. While instructors were very nice, many were new to Teaching. However they occasionally gave conflicting info on procedures. Middle management members made so many big process decisions that flip flopped often. Communication and implementation was not consistent, But Was IMPROVING. My experience there is that for a global company that's over 200 years old, I'm very disappointed in the lack of effective training and follow through from there.

Revisit the Values, Principles, Objectives, and Elements. Quit spending time on thinking of the new catch phrase mottos that will motivate and produce. Reinforce the wisdom of what you already have. Allow honesty from employees to show you some of their reality. Finally, lessen the micro-management. Does the amount of time spent detailing productivity ... same information in multiple ways and programs that don't "speak" to each other ... how effective are these reports? Allow employees to focus on their jobs you hired them to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi