Citi

I wish I cared less.

Current Employee - Vice President in Long Island City, NY
Current Employee - Vice President in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

The vacation allowance is unmatched.

Cons

Politics, lack of ownership, inefficient use of time and resources, not smart when it comes to knowing who the customer is, mass marketing, no challenge, you are just a big cog in a big wheel. Can't accomplish anything because of the multiple levels you have to go through and the lack of capable technology.

Give regular constructive feedback throughout the year. Stop treating your employees like children - this whole VOE thing really has gotten out of hand. We spend more time trying to make people feel good than getting things done. I'm an adult. I don't need cakes and prizes, etc. I need trust and guidance.

2776 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for, but all the banks are in crisis now. Citi feels like its one of the better in the group though

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Fairly good benefits. Good work/life balance. Fairly smart people.

Cons

It's a big bank and all the banks are in the crap-hole.

None

Citigroup

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citi

Pros

There is excellent in-house training resources...as long as one takes the initiative to look for them. Management pays more than lip service to the option of telecommuting and flexible work options, which is nice.

Cons

Let's be honest, it's a little embarrassing to have to admit that I work at this train wreck of a company! In addition, the company is such a behemoth, that everything is so stratified and separated, which makes for an abundance of red tape. There is a lengthy conference call for even the most innocuous of matters.
    The benefits and pay scales are paltry in comparison to similar financial services firms.

Although I don't agree with the way the company is run, I don't have any advice per se.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi