There are newer employer reviews for Citi

I learned a lot at Citigroup Inc therefore I will not degrade their name.

Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Citi is a multicultural environment and allows you to work many different types of people
therefore you are forced to learn alot.

Cons

Citi generally loses their best talent to competitors due to the lack of loyalty to their employees.

Advice to Management

Try to establish a better relationship with subordinates come down off your high horse and
engage in the intra day activities with your supporters.

reviews filtered by

The worst experience that I had in my 12 years IT experience - CRAP env

Former Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ

I worked at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The worst experience that I had in my 12 years IT experience - CRAP env

Cons

I worked in Warren ,NJ -
    Most of them are dump people including managers/SVP - everyday they think about saving their job not to work effectively.
    If you are really motivated & want to achive/work good for the company - you are the target for the dump managers.
    i have seen only very few good techie/talent people , But all were sick because of these dump/political crap managers&perople.

So, atleast I tried to bring these things to the top level to justify that getting every month salary from Citi. But, you might wonder - I figured out that SVP knew all the crap and that person also part of these dirty things.

I didn't give up - brought this to Director level - man...can't belive - the most idiotic guy that i have ever met in my life.
    I don't understand how these guys getting salary from company without shame. From the money only, they are growing their kids & all other stuff. how come one can be good without working loaylly to the company that paid out for all your life good.

now, you might have figured out what I did next - yes - got other 2 good offers from top notch company - choose one and left peacefully.

But, still I feel guilty for not doing any good for Citi - I wonder how this kind of big company survive with crap people from top to bottom.

God only can help.

Advice to Management

please read the reviews and act on it if you really want to do something good. or you end up having only carpy/dump people all over the company

2. Very political

Current Employee - Expense Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Expense Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

big company, great perks and you get to really see the company as a whole in my department

Cons

didn't provide enough support as a new analyst