There are newer employer reviews for Citi

You have to have a certain mentality to thrive there.

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Citi

Pros

Excellent company culture. I truely felt that managment saw me as a person and not just a minion. They offer opportunities to those without college degrees that most other companies would not. They give you alot more freedom to move to different departments to find what fits you best. If you plan to be in customer service centered work for most of your life this offers you invaluable experience as well as resume material. Rewards are given for both individual and team performances, not for being boss' favorite.

Cons

To be completely honest, dealing with the customers was the worst. People tend to be more open to being nasty when you're just a faceless voice on the other line. It's very fast paced problem solving and can be quite mentally exhausting. Sales were a big part of my position and certain numbers had to be met. Often times I felt the goals we had to reach were very unreasonable. The more the economy slowed down the more they would raise our goals. If you don't have thick skin and your morale is easily defeated, you won't get far.

Advice to Management

I understand that sales are important to any for-profit company, but so is being realistic.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Never again

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Citi

Pros

Great people, Good training and support from the staff/

Cons

Too much stress, Constant changes in rules, unrealistic bonuses and unclear details about how to obtain these bonuses. not enough equipment for the number of staff.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on providing good customer support and stop trying to "slam" people into buying products that they don't want or need. Your training stated that the customer was important and their experience with Citi should be a positive one but as soon as we hit the sales floor we knew that wasn't to be our main function. Treat the customer as king and you'll be fine.

I would never work here again

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Make connections Looks good on a resume

Cons

Definitely a "who you know" mentality Blatant favoritism Horrible benefits for a large company No growth potential No recognition for a job well done Horrible work environment

Advice to Management

I wish I could say something that would make the managers listen but they know nothing about the workers. There are so many middle managers that upper management knows NOTHING about the daily work and how it gets done. Please, PLEASE get to know your workers.