Citi

www.citigroup.com
  www.citigroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

You have to have a certain mentality to thrive there.

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Citi

Pros

Excellent company culture. I truely felt that managment saw me as a person and not just a minion. They offer opportunities to those without college degrees that most other companies would not. They give you alot more freedom to move to different departments to find what fits you best. If you plan to be in customer service centered work for most of your life this offers you invaluable experience as well as resume material. Rewards are given for both individual and team performances, not for being boss' favorite.

Cons

To be completely honest, dealing with the customers was the worst. People tend to be more open to being nasty when you're just a faceless voice on the other line. It's very fast paced problem solving and can be quite mentally exhausting. Sales were a big part of my position and certain numbers had to be met. Often times I felt the goals we had to reach were very unreasonable. The more the economy slowed down the more they would raise our goals. If you don't have thick skin and your morale is easily defeated, you won't get far.

I understand that sales are important to any for-profit company, but so is being realistic.

2858 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

I would never work here again

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Make connections
    Looks good on a resume

Cons

Definitely a "who you know" mentality
    Blatant favoritism
    Horrible benefits for a large company
    No growth potential
    No recognition for a job well done
    Horrible work environment

I wish I could say something that would make the managers listen but they know nothing about the workers. There are so many middle managers that upper management knows NOTHING about the daily work and how it gets done. Please, PLEASE get to know your workers.

All down hill..... Smith Barney being acquired by Morgan Stanley was probably the best thing for it.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Oceanside, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Oceanside, NY

I have been working at Citi

Pros

I was a duel employee of Smith Barney and Citibank. Good base salary and had my own office...

Cons

Zero communication between departments. The company is too big to handle itself. As the write downs were taking place upper management assured us everything was fine and that our department "MyFi" was in great shape and growing. Its now defunct and Smith Barney is owned by Morgan Stanley. Someone wasn't telling the truth.

Own up to reality, break up the company.....

There are newer employer reviews for Citi