There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Very hierarchical and oppressive environment. Would never work there again.

I have been working at Citi full-time

Pros

It's a global company - very large.

Cons

Lack of flexibility. Likes to maintain old approaches at the expense of innovation and change. Tough environment to work or feel satisfied in. Would not recommend to others.

Be open to constructive change which is very difficult in Citi's current organization.

2701 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Great start, decent pay, no room for growth

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Citibank can be a great stepping stone. Their training program and bank platform are spectacular (albeit very slow majority of the time). The compensation for personal banker positions is one of the highest if you're coming on board from another financial institution. Great financial products and modern bank solutions for clients.

Cons

I will be with the company for 4 years come this March and have submitted many job applications to help further develop my career. Majority of my applications have gone unanswered and the ones I do receive a response to say that "they have found a better qualified candidate". The positions I have applied to are nothing out of the ordinary for a personal banker to want to develop into. There just seems to be a lack of opportunity and growth potential. I've brought much business and deposits into my branch, my monthly compensation from surpassing "hurdles" will reflect that and the only reason I can imagine for not promoting me is because I'm an asset to them while holding the position I'm currently in.

Promote individuals who show consistency and are putting in the effort to further advance their career.

Great place for recent college graduates to get feet wet but vicious corporate culture....

Former Employee - Senior AML Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior AML Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Citi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Able to work from home; salary is decent for Tampa; great title and company for your initial resume start.

Cons

People are overworked regularly due to lack of capacity planning; co-workers gossip non-stop about trivial things and are all on edge due to the aforementioned; technology is old and disorganized; and professional decorum and civility are at an all time low with regular emotional break downs at meetings and cursing. AML also does not have a standard business process so the quality of your work varies with whose eyes its before and how your manager is feeling.

Hire more people, standardize your processes and mature the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi