There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Shambolic organizational foundation based upon bad morals and outdated systems to take advantage of customers

Current Employee - Citi Gold  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Citi Gold in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time for less than a year

Pros

work schedule were great times if you are lucky

Cons

organization, layoffs, pay, miscommunication from top to bottom, etc

2655 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Very hierarchical and oppressive environment. Would never work there again.

I have been working at Citi full-time

Pros

It's a global company - very large.

Cons

Lack of flexibility. Likes to maintain old approaches at the expense of innovation and change. Tough environment to work or feel satisfied in. Would not recommend to others.

Be open to constructive change which is very difficult in Citi's current organization.

Great start, decent pay, no room for growth

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Citibank can be a great stepping stone. Their training program and bank platform are spectacular (albeit very slow majority of the time). The compensation for personal banker positions is one of the highest if you're coming on board from another financial institution. Great financial products and modern bank solutions for clients.

Cons

I will be with the company for 4 years come this March and have submitted many job applications to help further develop my career. Majority of my applications have gone unanswered and the ones I do receive a response to say that "they have found a better qualified candidate". The positions I have applied to are nothing out of the ordinary for a personal banker to want to develop into. There just seems to be a lack of opportunity and growth potential. I've brought much business and deposits into my branch, my monthly compensation from surpassing "hurdles" will reflect that and the only reason I can imagine for not promoting me is because I'm an asset to them while holding the position I'm currently in.

Promote individuals who show consistency and are putting in the effort to further advance their career.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!