Big corporation, nothing special

Current Employee - Analyst in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For a bank they have a strong sense of social responsibility, which is nice. They generally try to show that they appreciate their employees as well, with various events, but mostly for call center staff.

Cons

Team cohesion seems to be kind of lacking, but that may be from my personal experience due my specific role, benefits aren't that great compared to what I was used to at another company - $3,000 in tuition assistance and not very good medical/dental options.

Advice to Management

Improve your benefits, show your other staff that you care.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

Declining quality of leadership/management and excessive politics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good online and class offerings. Big company, many opportunities. High diversity

Cons

Constant layoffs, high frequency of changes, no information sharing/transparency, very long work hours with no support and/or appreciation from senior management. E.g. Took a week vacation after over 8 months and every day on my vacation i had calls and texts from my colleagues/manager. Even after being on call/responding texts back at work on my vacation, I came back to work to find out all my work were messed up. I had to catch up and fix everything on my first day back to work working till midnight. Very incompetent management and senior mangers does not care anyone below VP/SVP. Good work is not communicated to senior mangers by immediate manager. Excessive politics and self interest. Full time employees are replaced by contractors.

Advice to Management

Spend some time with your direct's employees and find out what their accomplishments and issues are. Listen to it first hand. You are bleeding off your talented employees.

Worst Job in 20 years

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

in my department, not many. As my manager states it : "It beats unemployment"

Cons

Management promotes their friends and makes life impossible for those outside of their circle. Zero work life balance. Borderline unethical practices are ignored as long as results are brought in. Uneven distribution of work and the message is always "we have to continue to do more with less" while Top Management gets fat bonuses. No raises in 5 years in spite of above average reviews because "I am at the top of my bracket".

Advice to Management

Quit