There are newer employer reviews for Citi

My division was awesome, but the company as a whole has issues

Current Employee - Intern  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Intern in Miami, FL

I have been working at Citi as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good co-workers, good name on a resume, the division I worked with was great.

Cons

too big, nobody cares about the employee or their happiness, all about getting a slightly better bottom line (i.e. they got rid of cups in the breakroom to save a few pennies)

Care about employees more. You got rid of every perk an employee could ever hope for. Not a good working environment.

2616 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Not the company it once was

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A lot of smart, hard-working people, alternate work strategies allow for good work-life balance, global footprint gives the opportunity to work with a very diverse group.

Cons

Constant cost cutting and no real compensation increases for the past 5+ years. Attitude is that you should be thankful to have a job. Very political. Job security is based primarily on who you're aligned to, not how well you do your job.

Lots of room to excel, poor management will leave you wanting a better job. Good pay if you stick around long enough.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to excel and move around a huge company with over 250,000 employees. If you work hard (70 hrs/week) and get recognized by Senior Management than you will have the ability to be mentored and move around. There are some good leaders, you have to seek them out though. Good pay if you stick around, was making 95k after 6 yrs, up from original base pay of 50k when starting.

Cons

You will work long hours in order to excel, and work life balanced (although preached about) are scarce if you don't have the right management tackling problems correctly in order to automate. Over 6 years I had the ability to work with some excellent managers, but had more than my fair share of disappointments which I had to work around in order to be appreciated for skills and abilities. You will work with some great people (A+ Players) and a lot of not so great people, who are there to work and get paid. Can be a bit boring if you aren't working with people that want to excel, a lot of not so bright people.

There are a lot of simple improvements that can be made in order to get your talent on the right page. Lead by example and don't micromanage people. Your workforce needs to concentrate on the young talent and get rid of the old ideas that exist with previous management.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!