There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Good graduates will leave...

Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Operations  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Operations in London, England (UK)

I worked at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large mutltinational corporation/multicultural so diversified in it's employee intake.

Cons

Few opportunities for graduates in the long-run if recruited via a non-graduate management programme; difficult to move into parallel project roles despite having the skills (analytical etc.) /intellectual rigour;

In a nutshell;

~ Senior management could not care less what goes on downstream as long as it is not affecting their power grip on the organization and end-of-year bonus;
~ Middle management are clueless, the majority are without formal education (professional or otherwise), preferring to hang around their peers with whom they have formed industry bonds (and feel comfortable) whilst maintaining the status-quo;
~ At lower levels, mediocre staff (majority school leavers in Back/Office/Ops) who have been allowed to stay on for years but escape redundancy because judged too expensive to get the sack (although that trend is slowly phasing with offshoring to India).

Graduates that are educated and smart will not stay without decent career prospects, 3-4 years is the maximum time one can spend in a firm without promotion/pay rise. BAU becomes unbearable after a while and so does shift work.

2607 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Finance Intern

I worked at Citi full-time

Pros

- Helpful managers and co-workers who were willing to give me opportunities to learn
    - Low hours and low stress; internship did not have any high stressed tasks

Cons

- Tasks got boring very quickly and were not intellectually stimulating
    - Back office so the exposure to external clients was limited

I really expected more... And once I leave... I will sleep again...

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Tegucigalpa (Honduras)
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Tegucigalpa (Honduras)

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of training's, I really had a good team, real players. A big chance to know about many areas of work.

Cons

Walls ans walls of bureaucracy. You keep making reports, UAT's and many things that only make happy somebody in other country but at the end you don't understand your contribution to the Corporation and it is nobody interested in making you know it. In almost two years HR has been a "urban legend" in our country. Everybody feels that in the last years is has been developed a culture that the bank is waiting for you to make a mistake to get fired.

Please leave bureaucracy and let the people work. The people spent the half of the day explaining processes and contingencies. PLEASE leave the old school and start giving real value to the real spirit of the company that is the PEOPLE.

There are newer employer reviews for Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!